Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology Bachelor’s
EKU is one of only a handful of colleges and universities in the nation to offer a comprehensive fire protection and safety engineering technology degree. This unique program prepares you to use your knowledge of fire prevention and suppression to design and recommend equipment to assist organizations in safeguarding life and property against fire, explosion and related hazards.
Format: 100% online
*A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you are work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on leadership building and rooted in the latest science and technology, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as how a fire behaves, the best methods for preventing fires and how to minimize a fire’s impact.
- 8-week courses
- Special tuition for active duty service members
- IFSAC-accredited programs
- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Nationally-renowned instructors comprised of former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers and investigators, prominent for their professional achievements and success in the field
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.