Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree
EKU is one of only a handful of colleges and universities in the nation to offer a comprehensive fire protection and safety engineering technology degree. This unique program prepares you to use your knowledge of fire prevention and suppression to design and recommend equipment to assist organizations in safeguarding life and property against fire, explosion and related hazards.
Format: 100% online
Credit Hours: 120 hours
2017-2018 Tuition: $409 per credit hour
Transfer Credits Accepted: Up to 90 hours*
Career Options: Fire protection and prevention systems designer, building inspector, fire safety director, insurance company consultant, industrial safety specialist, fire protection and safety engineer, fire protection technician and related occupations
* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you are work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on leadership building and rooted in the latest science and technology, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as how a fire behaves, the best methods for preventing fires and how to minimize a fire’s impact.
- 8-week courses
- IFSAC-accredited programs
- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Nationally-renowned instructors comprised of former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers and investigators, prominent for their professional achievements and success in the field
- Ranked by U.S. News among the best universities offering online degrees
- Rated by Military Times as one of the Top 5 schools for veterans in the nation
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.