More than a fire science degree, the EKU Online Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology degree is ideal for those who excel in math and science and are driven to provide safer environments by learning how a fire behaves, the best methods for preventing fires and how to minimize a fire’s impact.
At A Glance
100% online, accelerated
Time to Completion:
As little as 2 ½ years
Eligible for federal financial aid, as well as grants and outside scholarships
$409 per credit hour
Fire protection and prevention systems designer, building inspector, fire safety director, insurance company consultant, industrial safety specialist, fire protection and safety engineer, fire protection technician and related occupations
- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accredited by IFSAC, the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
- Experienced faculty who are renowned for their dedication to the fire profession, fire research and fire students.
- Confident graduates who have used their knowledge of fire prevention and suppression to improve sprinkler systems, fire alarms, fire hoses and building codes.
- A university recognized among the nation’s best online degree programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- More than 40 years of preparing students for success in fire protection and related fields.
See the EKU Fire & Safety programs featured on ABC's 20/20 newsmagazine program.
View the plan of study for the EKU Online Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology program.
Download program brochure