Fire Protection Administration Bachelor’s Degree
EKU is one of only a handful of colleges and universities in the nation to offer a comprehensive fire protection administration degree. This unique program combines the latest science and technology to provide graduates with the knowledge and managerial skill sets needed for successful leadership in fire-fighting operations. Our graduates are positioned to pursue advanced degrees and gain a competitive edge in the job market.
Format: 100% online
Credit Hours: 120 hours
2017-2018 Tuition: $409 per credit hour
Transfer Credits Accepted: Up to 90 hours*
Career Options: Firefighter, fire chief, fire marshal, fire safety director or officer, building inspector, fire investigator, hazardous materials specialist
* A minimum of 30 credit hours must be completed at EKU
Enhance your degree with a minor or certificate
Select from a wide range of minors, allowing you to explore interests or make use of prior credits.
You can also choose from numerous undergraduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your major as you are work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on leadership building and rooted in the latest science and technology, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through topics such as fire behavior, prevention, response and investigation.
- 8-week courses
- IFSAC-accredited programs
- Nationally-renowned instructors comprised of former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers and investigators, prominent for their professional achievements and success in the field
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
- Rated by Military Times as one of the Top 5 schools for veterans in the nation
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.