Industrial Fire Protection Certificate
EKU’s online industrial fire protection certificate provides students with the skillsets needed to protect life and property. EKU combines the latest technology and expert instruction to offer students a competitive edge in the job market.
Credit Hours: 30-32 hours
2017-2018 Tuition: $409 per credit hour
Transfer Credits Accepted: Up to 90 hours*
Note: This certificate requires a grade of “C” or better in 24 hours of required courses and 6 hours of specialized practicum.
What sets our program apart?
Focused on leadership building and rooted in the latest science and technology, EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as fire safety and prevention, fire behavior and combustion, and occupational health and safety.
- 8-week courses
- IFSAC-accredited programs
- ETAC/ABET-accredited fire protection and safety engineering technology program
- Tyco employees can count their Williams-Tyco XTREME industrial fire and hazard training course towards field experience requirements
- Nationally-renowned instructors comprised of former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers and investigators, prominent for their professional achievements and success in the field
- Ranked by U.S. News among the best universities offering online degrees
- Rated by Military Times as one of the Top 5 schools for veterans in the nation
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.