Advance your career and make a difference. Earn a bachelor's degree from EKU Online and choose from multiple fire programs.
- Accelerated 8-week terms, with courses beginning 6 times per year
- Flexible online learning format from a respected, accredited university
- Affordable quality courses delivered by instructors who are recognized for teaching excellence, as well as their successes in the field as former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers, and investigators.
- Hands-on learning opportunities at the newly-renovated EKU Fire Lab*
- IFSAC-accredited degrees and ABET-accredited Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology program
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
- Ranked by Military Times as one of the Top 5 schools for veterans in the nation
*Fire, Arson, & Explosion Investigation degree includes some on-campus instruction. Other degree programs are offered 100% online.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment of fire inspectors and investigators to increase as much as 9 percent by 2020 and employment in fire protection and related professions could increase as much as 11 percent. The median salary of fire professionals with bachelor’s degrees is 50% higher than that of those with a high school diploma, and fire protection engineers have some of the highest starting salaries.
WHY CHOOSE EKU?
Eastern Kentucky University is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.